The Poestenkill Library is now a registered charitable organization with AmazonSmile. If you shop via the link below, Amazon will donate .05% of your purchase to the library!
The Poestenkill Library Board of Trustees is pleased to offer a $500 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who is a resident of Poestenkill and plans to enter a two- or four- year college program this fall. This is the fifth year this award has been offered.
The Leo B. Clement Memorial Scholarship is funded by a generous gift from Alma Clement in memory of her late husband. Mrs. Clement established this fund specifically for scholarship purposes to a high school senior who loves reading.
1. Be a Poestenkill resident
2. Be a High School Senior (or equivalent) from a public , private, or home school who will be attending a two- or four- year college for the 2015-16 school year.
3. Write an essay of 500-750 words on the general subject of “The Love of Reading.”
Scholarship award will be chosen by a committee comprised of Mrs. Alma Clement, two Clement family members, the Director of Poestenkill Library, a Library Trustee, and a community member to be chosen by the Board of Trustees. The initial reading of essays will be completed without knowledge of the applicant’s name.
Announcement of Winning Essay:
The essay winner will contacted by June 15, 2015. The scholarship award will be announced on the Poestenkill Library website www.poestenkilllibrary.org and in The Advertiser. The scholarship check for $500 will be awarded at the Poestenkill Library.
1. Essay must be between 500-750 words. Computer-generated is preferred. No specific font or spacing is required. Applicant’s name should not be on essay page.
2. A cover page must also be submitted which includes the following:
Applicant’s name, address, and phone number
High School currently attending (or equivalent)
College attending in the fall
3. Essay should be submitted via email, mail, or in person at the library by May 31, 2015.
Mail: PO Box 305, Poestenkill NY 12140
In person during library hours
4. One submission per student.
It was a beautiful day and the Friends of Poestenkill Library are very pleased with the results of Market Day. People filled the lawn at the library, searching the tables for good bargains, filling their bags with books, or just chatting with friends they hadn’t seen during the endless winter! Thank you for your support!
MARKET DAY RESULTS
Plants – $782.80
Jewelry – $243.75
Collectibles – $501.70
Bake Sale – $565.50
Baskets – $228.00
Hot Dogs – $121.00
50/50 – $140.00
Books – $662.54
TOTAL – $3,245.29