Posted May 26, 2020
The Board of Trustees will hold a meeting on Wednesday evening at 6pm on the library lawn. Participants will wear masks and practice social distancing. Board meetings are always open to the public and you are invited to join us.
The Board will be reviewing the documents outlining the steps toward re-opening, keeping the health and safety of staff and patrons at the forefront.
Posted April 27, 2020
9th Annual Leo B Clement Memorial Scholarship
The family of Leo B Clement, via the Poestenkill Library, is pleased to offer a $500 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who is a resident of Poestenkill and plans to enter a two- or four- year college program this fall.
The Leo B. Clement Memorial Scholarship was established by Mrs. Alma Clement, in memory of her late husband, for a high school senior who loves reading. It is funded through gifts given by the family of the late Mr. & Mrs. Clement.
1. Be a Poestenkill resident;
2. Be a High School Senior (or equivalent) from a public, private, or home school who will be attending a two- or four- year college for the 2020-21 school year;
3. Write an essay of 500-750 words on the general subject of “The Love of Reading.”
Scholarship award will be chosen by a committee comprised of Clement family members, the Director of Poestenkill Library, a Library Trustee, and a community member to be chosen by the Board of Trustees. The initial reading of essays will be completed without knowledge of the applicant’s name.
Announcement of Winning Essay:
The essay winner will contacted by June 30, 2020. The scholarship award will be announced on the Poestenkill Library website www.poestenkilllibrary.org and in The Advertiser.
1. Essay must be between 500-750 words. Computer-generated is preferred. No specific font or spacing is required. Applicant’s name should not be on essay page.
2. A cover page must also be submitted which includes the following:
Applicant’s name, address, and phone number
High School currently attending (or equivalent)
College attending in the fall
3. Essay should be submitted via email or mail by May 31, 2020.
Mail: PO Box 305, Poestenkill NY 12140
4. One submission per student.
Posted April 26, 2020
All meetings are open to the public. If you would like to attend the meeting on Monday, please email info @poestenkilllibrary.org to have an invitation with access information sent to you.