Scholarship for Poestenkill Graduating Students
The Poestenkill Library Board of Trustees is pleased to offer a $250 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who is a resident of Poestenkill and plans to enter a two- or four- year college program this fall.
The Leo B. Clement Memorial Scholarship is funded by a generous gift from Alma Clement in memory of her late husband. Mrs. Clement established this fund specifically for scholarship purposes to a high school senior who loves reading.
- Be a Poestenkill resident
- Be a High School Senior (or equivalent) from a public , private, or home school who will be attending a two- or four- year college for the 2011-12 school year.
- Write an essay of 500-750 words on the general subject of “The Love of Reading.”
Scholarship award will be chosen by a committee comprised of Mrs. Alma Clement, two Clement family members, the Director of Poestenkill Library, a Library Trustee, and a community member to be chosen by the Board of Trustees. The initial reading of essays will be completed without knowledge of the applicant’s name.
Announcement of Winning Essay:
The essay winner will contacted by June 30, 2011. The scholarship award will be announced on the Poestenkill Library website and in The Advertiser. The scholarship check for $250 will be awarded at the Poestenkill Library.
- Essay must be between 500-750 words. Computer-generated is preferred. No specific font or spacing is required. Applicant’s name should not be on essay page.
- A cover page must also be submitted which includes the following:
- Applicant’s name, address, and phone number
- High School currently attending (or equivalent)
- College attending in the fall
- Essay should be submitted via email, mail, or in person at the library by May 31, 2011
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PO Box 305, Poestenkill, NY 12140
- In person during library hours
- One submission per student.