There are a lot of things going on in October at the library!
1. October 5 – Preschool Story Hour is back! Erin Hussey has volunteered to do this long-standing and important library program. Bring your preschool (any age prior to kindergarten) to the library on Fridays at 10am for wonderful stories and easy projects.
2. Girl Scout Victoria Bubie is offering a music program for up to 8 students in grades 2-5. This is her project for her Gold Award. This will be 6-sessions where students will learn the basics of music. They will have a chance to make instruments, learn to play them, and make a song together. Her purpose is to teach younger students about the benefits of music. Please sign up at the library or email Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sessions will start when there are enough students registered. The program will be held at the library on Wednesday evenings.
3. Tuesday, October 23rd – Community Safety Awareness Program – With the help of Rensselaer County, we have planned an Active Shooter Training, given by the Sheriff’s Department, at the Poestenkill Firehouse from 6-8pm. The Sheriff’s Department will also hold a drug take-back at that time, which will be available without having to participate in the training event. The Fire Company will demonstrate the use of an AED. Donations of items or money to the Bread of Life Food Pantry in town will also be accepted at this time. More details will be coming soon!
4. Wednesday, October 24 – Halloween Craft Night – Lianne has some fun projects planned for this program! More details to follow. Please register in advance for this program by calling or emailing us.
5. The Upper Hudson Library Expedition continues through the end of November! It’s not too late to pick up your map and visit all 36 public library buildings in Albany & Rensselaer Counties. We welcomed many, many first-time visitors to the library during the month of September.
6. Fall Market Day was a wonderful success!!! It was a perfect fall day for this semi-annual event. The hot of the day were all the puzzles and the leftovers are still selling on the sale shelves at the library! They won’t last long. The Friends are very grateful for the outstanding efforts by all the volunteers and by the generosity & support of ! Thanks to all!
Bake Sale – $618.50
Food – $74.00
Puzzles – $594.50 (well past $600 now and growing!)
50/50 – $60.00
Raffle Baskets – $230.00
Books – $460.00
Total – $2,037