May 4th – 9am-1pm – Friends of Poestenkill Library Spring Market Day. Book sale ($5 per bag, bring your own bag or buy a pretty purple Friends bag for $5 and fill it for free – while supplies last), bake sale, plant sale, Basket Raffles! Fun for all! Held on the lawn of the library, rain date, Sunday 5/5.
Dessert of the Month Raffle – drawing to be held at the end of Market Day. $20 per ticket, only 50 tickets to be sold. A homemade dessert each month for one year! Tickets available now at the library and will be sold all during Market Day.
Quilt & Pillow Raffle – Beautiful spring colors in a 60×60 quilt and matching pillow. Tickets are $10 each. Drawing to be held at the end of Market Day. Tickets available now at the library and will be sold all during Market Day.
8th Annual Leo B Clement Memorial Scholarship
The Poestenkill Library Board of Trustees is pleased to offer a $500 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who is a resident of Poestenkill and plans to enter a two- or four- year college program this fall. This is the 8th year this award has been offered.
The Leo B. Clement Memorial Scholarship is funded by a generous gift from Alma Clement in memory of her late husband. Mrs. Clement established this fund specifically for scholarship purposes to a high school senior who loves reading.
1. Be a Poestenkill resident;
2. Be a High School Senior (or equivalent) from a public, private, or home school who will be attending a two- or four- year college for the 2019-20 school year;
3. Write an essay of 500-750 words on the general subject of “The Love of Reading.”
Scholarship award will be chosen by a committee comprised of Mrs. Alma Clement, two Clement family members, the Director of Poestenkill Library, a Library Trustee, and a community member to be chosen by the Board of Trustees. The initial reading of essays will be completed without knowledge of the applicant’s name.
Announcement of Winning Essay:
The essay winner will contacted by June 30, 2019. The scholarship award will be announced on the Poestenkill Library website www.poestenkilllibrary.org and in The Advertiser. The scholarship check for $500 will be awarded at the Poestenkill Library.
1. Essay must be between 500-750 words. Computer-generated is preferred. No specific font or spacing is required. Applicant’s name should not be on essay page.
2. A cover page must also be submitted which includes the following:
Applicant’s name, address, and phone number
High School currently attending (or equivalent)
College attending in the fall
3. Essay should be submitted via email or mail by May 31, 2019.
Mail: PO Box 305, Poestenkill NY 12140
4. One submission per student.