9th Annual Leo B Clement Memorial Scholarship
The family of Leo B Clement, via the Poestenkill Library, is pleased to offer a $500 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who is a resident of Poestenkill and plans to enter a two- or four- year college program this fall.
The Leo B. Clement Memorial Scholarship was established by Mrs. Alma Clement, in memory of her late husband, for a high school senior who loves reading. It is funded through gifts given by the family of the late Mr. & Mrs. Clement.
1. Be a Poestenkill resident;
2. Be a High School Senior (or equivalent) from a public, private, or home school who will be attending a two- or four- year college for the 2020-21 school year;
3. Write an essay of 500-750 words on the general subject of “The Love of Reading.”
Scholarship award will be chosen by a committee comprised of Clement family members, the Director of Poestenkill Library, a Library Trustee, and a community member to be chosen by the Board of Trustees. The initial reading of essays will be completed without knowledge of the applicant’s name.
Announcement of Winning Essay:
The essay winner will contacted by June 30, 2020. The scholarship award will be announced on the Poestenkill Library website www.poestenkilllibrary.org and in The Advertiser.
1. Essay must be between 500-750 words. Computer-generated is preferred. No specific font or spacing is required. Applicant’s name should not be on essay page.
2. A cover page must also be submitted which includes the following:
Applicant’s name, address, and phone number
High School currently attending (or equivalent)
College attending in the fall
3. Essay should be submitted via email or mail by May 31, 2020.
Mail: PO Box 305, Poestenkill NY 12140
4. One submission per student.