Beginning August 3, we will be open for library visits, by appointment only. This is the next stage of re-opening, one that is likely to be in place for quite a while.
We have new hours for Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 2pm-8pm. Monday, Friday, & Saturday hours remain 10am-1pm.
Here is what you need to know:
1. You must call for an appointment. We cannot accept requests via email, text, or Facebook message. Appointments are made on the hour and half hour. The doors will remain locked and you will be let in by staff.
2. Visits are for 20 minutes and 2 people will be scheduled per visit time. The time between visits is for sanitizing. If someone is late for an appointment, they may only use the remaining time on the scheduled visit.
3. The bathroom is closed to the public.
4. There are no computers available at this time. There are no toys, puzzles, magazines, or cake pans. There are no sale books or free magazines.
5. Visits should be transactional – not for socializing or hanging out.
6. Copies and faxes (appointment time needed) will be done by staff.
7. All returns continue to be received in the book drop. Items are quarantined for 96 hours prior to being checked in. It will take that long for items to be taken off your account.
8. Porch pick-up continues for requested items. Please let us know if you are unable to go up the porch stairs and we will make accommodations. Continue to request books via the UHLS catalog, texts, emails, and calls. The cell number for calls & texts regarding requests is 518-603-7705.
9. We cannot accept donations of any items. We will have a donation drop off time on Friday, August 14, from 4-7pm. (Weather permitting)
We are all so very excited to be able to see you again inside the library! Please call and schedule your visit! There are a lot of new items just waiting to be taken home!