Posted August 31, 2017
Things to know:
1. There is no Story Hour on September 1. Miss Dona will be back on September 8th. Story Hour is every Friday at 10am.
2. The library is closed on Monday, September 4th. The library is open on Saturday so you can get what you need for the holiday weekend. Don’t forget your books for summer reading for school!
3. The Friends of Poestenkill Library are holding a Bake Sale on Saturday, September 2nd at the Poestenkill Farmers’ Market. The Farmers’ Market is held on the lawn of Town Hall every Saturday from 9am to noon. The Friends will have lots of delicious goodies to buy and enjoy!
4. The Friends’ Fall Market Day is September 23rd. There will be another bake sale, wonderful new selections in attic treasures, a great collection of puzzles for all ages, and the $5 per bag book sale – bring your own bag. Market Day is from 9 am to 1pm on the library lawn.
5. The winners of the Kindles for Summer Reading are: Hanna Angell, Abby Alberino, & Rhetta Multunas! Congratulations! Thank you to everyone who participated in the Summer Reading program.
Posted August 24, 2017
There will not be a story hour on Friday. Miss Dona is taking a much deserved day off!
Don’t forget to get your reading tickets put into the mix for the drawings for Kindles. The last day to enter is today!!!
Posted July 26, 2017
Matt Minich’s Eagle Scout project is to refurbish the Poestenkill Library sign in the front of the library and create a new sign to put on the back of the library. This Toy & Bake Sale will help him raise the needed funds to get the project completed.
Stop by on Saturday, July 29, from 8am to 2pm to see what great items are available at this sale and support Matt’s effort. The sale will be held on the lawn of the library.
Posted July 13, 2017
The Friends of Poestenkill Library will be holding a Bake Sale at the Poestenkill Farmers’ Market on Saturday, July 15, from 9am – noon. This is a great addition to all the other fresh and local items for sale each Saturday at the Farmers’ Market on the front lawn of Poestenkill Town Hall. Stop by and get some delicious treats for the weekend!
July 20: Annual Family Tie Dye Night at 6pm. Bring something white with you to tie dye. We supply everything else! Two years ago we had 80 people on the lawn of the library tie-dying everything – t-shirts, socks, fabric, pillowcases, doll clothes, and baby onesies! Last year the weather wasn’t as nice but we sill had almost 60 people! This is a very fun and very messy family event!
« Newer Posts — Older Posts »