Posted August 6, 2020
The biggest new thing is being open, by appointment, for patrons to come in for 20 minute sessions and browse through the shelves! There are some rules we now need to follow, but we are so happy to see our library friends come back through the doors! See our August 1 posting for details.
Auction for Quilted tote bag and 2 pair of earrings.
The Friends of Poestenkill Library are currently running an auction, (through 9pm on 8/10) via the library’s Facebook page, for a beautiful, colorful, quilted tote bag made by Debbie Beck. The tote measures 15″ x 11″ and the predominant colors are aqua, purple, fuschia, and orange. There are three interior pockets. Margie made two pair of earrings to include in the auction. They compliment the colors of the tote. Bids are being taken on our Facebook page (at 1pm on 8/6 the highest bid was $45), but for those of you not on FB, we can accept your bids via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winning bid will be confirmed on August 11.
Take-Away Craft kits
Lianne has put together 6 different craft kits for families to pick up. We have bug box, US Flag dog tags, sun catchers, sand art, butterflies & dragonflies, and a family tie dye kit. There are limited quantities so please choose one or two and we can put them out on the porch for you to pick up. Call, email, text, or FB message your request. Available while supplies last!
Summer Reading continues!
You can still sign up for summer reading. You may register online at ReadSquared. There is also an app available which is very easy to use to record the books you have read and the time it took to read them. Check READsquared out at your app store.
Here’s a little teaser – in the very near future, we will begin to sell puzzles via the website & Facebook. Marcia has a large collection, held for Market Day, but as we are not having an event this year, we thought we would get those puzzles out to people. Keeping checking back for more information!
Posted August 1, 2020
Beginning August 3, we will be open for library visits, by appointment only. This is the next stage of re-opening, one that is likely to be in place for quite a while.
We have new hours for Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 2pm-8pm. Monday, Friday, & Saturday hours remain 10am-1pm.
Here is what you need to know:
1. You must call for an appointment. We cannot accept requests via email, text, or Facebook message. Appointments are made on the hour and half hour. The doors will remain locked and you will be let in by staff.
2. Visits are for 20 minutes and 2 people will be scheduled per visit time. The time between visits is for sanitizing. If someone is late for an appointment, they may only use the remaining time on the scheduled visit.
3. The bathroom is closed to the public.
4. There are no computers available at this time. There are no toys, puzzles, magazines, or cake pans. There are no sale books or free magazines.
5. Visits should be transactional – not for socializing or hanging out.
6. Copies and faxes (appointment time needed) will be done by staff.
7. All returns continue to be received in the book drop. Items are quarantined for 96 hours prior to being checked in. It will take that long for items to be taken off your account.
8. Porch pick-up continues for requested items. Please let us know if you are unable to go up the porch stairs and we will make accommodations. Continue to request books via the UHLS catalog, texts, emails, and calls. The cell number for calls & texts regarding requests is 518-603-7705.
9. We cannot accept donations of any items. We will have a donation drop off time on Friday, August 14, from 4-7pm. (Weather permitting)
We are all so very excited to be able to see you again inside the library! Please call and schedule your visit! There are a lot of new items just waiting to be taken home!
Posted July 28, 2020
Just look at all the new titles we have available at the library! Fiction, nonfiction, and BluRay – something for everyone. Almost all the titles on the NY Times Bestseller List. You can reserve any of these items through the catalog. As long as you have chosen Poestenkill Library as your pick-up location, we are able to pull these items off the reserve list and get them to you!
Item pick-up process:
1. You reserve an item(s), either through the catalog or by calling/texting us at 518-603-7705.
2. When it arrives at the library, or we find it on the shelf, we will call or email you that it is ready for pick up.
3. You call the library and let us know when you are coming to get the item(s) and we will put it out on the table on the front porch. If you are not able to go up the steps, let us know and we will make other arrangements.
It’s as easy as that!
Don’t forget to bring back all those items you have had out since March! And the newer items also. There are a lot of people looking for many of the items that are currently checked out. All returns must go into the book drop – even CDs, DVDs & BluRays.
Great summer reading titles. Don’t forget to sign up for summer reading! You may register online at ReadSquared or download the ReadSquared app – it’s easy to use! There are four age levels and someone from each level will win a prize. Record your reading time and earn chances to win.
Posted July 23, 2020
We will open the shed on the lawn of the library for item donations from our patrons. We will do this again in August. Please do not leave items on the porches of the library. We will have to toss them out.
1. All items must be in boxes that can be stack, preferably closed boxes. We cannot accept bagged items. (The liquor store in Wynantskill usually has a good supply of boxes on the side of their building.)
2. You must be able to carry the items to the shed yourself. We are not able to handle the items.
3. We cannot accept VHS tapes or cassettes.
« Newer Posts — Older Posts »