Posted November 26, 2013
We want you to know about upcoming events, our annual report, and news from the library. We sent out our first email using a free service to get the word out to all our patrons. If you did not receive the email that means we do not have your email address. But we would like to have it if you would share it with us!
To add your email address to our listing, please click on the “mailing list” link under The Library. We were only able to import emails from Poestenkill library cards (beginning with 28125). I know we have a lot of wonderful patrons who have other cards and we would love to add you to the mailing list.
I have included the sent email below.
You are receiving this email as part of our effort to use various sources to communicate news from the library. We used the email address you provided as part of your library card information. This information will only be used by the Poestenkill Library to let you know about library events and news. It will not be shared with anyone else. In addition, you may unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive these emails. (Your email address will remain on your card registration in order to notify you of reserves or overdue books.)
Our plan is to send out annual reports and mini newsletters using Mailchimp. I hope you will give it a try!
Thank you for your support of the Poestenkill Library.
Margie Morris, Director
Posted November 24, 2013
The trustees, staff, and volunteers wish all of our wonderful patrons a very Happy Thanksgiving! The library team is thankful for the support shown toward the library all year and, most recently, with the approval of the increase in the amount of library funding from the residents of the Town.
Library Hours for Thanksgiving Holiday:
Wednesday, 11/27: Close at 5pm
Thursday, 11/28: Closed
Friday, 11/29: Closed
Saturday, 11/30: Open 10am-1pm
Posted November 5, 2013
Thank you to everyone who voted and those who worked hard to get the word out about the library budget. The final vote was 696 to 535. The Trustees and staff are very grateful for the community’s support!
Thank you all!
Posted October 30, 2013
Some budget facts:
- Last library budget vote was in November 2007, where the amount approved was $45,949 for the 2008 budget.
- Over the past 5 years, the Town has increased the amount the library receives over the 2007 ballot amount by an average of 3% per year.
- In 2013, the library received $52,239 from the Town. This was $6,290 over the approved 2007 ballot amount. These are funds that have been accounted for in the Town’s budget over the past 5 years.
- The Library Board of Trustees is requesting an additional $7,051 to bring the annual budget total from the Town to $59,290. The proposal on the ballot will show the total increase from 2007 of $13,341 (due to State Education Law ballot requirements).
Last Budget Vote November 2007 = $45,949 for 2008 budget year
Budget Overview 2009-2014
||Total Library Budget
||Funding from the Town
||% of increase over prior year Town funding
||% of total budget from fundraising
- Other recurring annual revenue sources include (2013): Rensselaer County ($3,610), NYS Library Aid ($970), Brittonkill School District ($500), and Friends of Poestenkill Library ($1,650 for cleaning services).
- The library building and property are owned by the Town of Poestenkill. The annual rent is $10. The Town pays for the alarm system, maintains the heating & cooling systems (the library pays for the fuel & electricity), takes care of major building repairs, maintains the yard (mowing), and does the plowing in the winter. A dedicated group of volunteers maintain the gardens and rake the leaves.
- Per capita (census pop. 4,530) cost for the total library budget in 2013 is $16.39. The cost if Proposal #7 is approved would be $16.60. NY State Ed recommends $25 per capita. (Based on our census figure, that budget amount would need to be $113,250.)
« Newer Posts — Older Posts »