- In case of inclement weather or an emergency the Library Director will decide whether to close the library or delay opening the library. The primary factor of any decision made will be the safety of the staff and the library patrons. However, maximum effort will be made to maintain regular library operating hours.
- The Director will review the National Weather Service forecast, check the local TV stations for other closings, delays, and weather information, and if necessary, consult with DPW for information concerning road conditions. If the decision is made to close the library, the Director will contact the designated member(s) of the Library’s Board of Trustees to inform them of the impending closing. The Director will then call all staff scheduled to work during the closing to inform them.
- If the Director is unavailable, staff will contact the designated member(s) of the board of trustees and follow all steps to decide whether the library should close.
- Library staff scheduled to work will be paid for their regularly scheduled hours for the day, or portion of the day, that the library closes for inclement weather.
- The Library Director will notify the public of any closures by updating the Library web site, and the Library Facebook page.
Approved by Library Board of Trustees on January 25, 2021