- Children under 8 must be accompanied at the library by a parent/guardian/authorized caregiver.
- A parent may be asked to stay with their child, regardless of age, if the child’s behavior warrants it.
- Minors are the responsibility of their parent or guardian, not of the library. The Director and/or the Board of Trustees take no responsibility for the safety or welfare of children left unattended at the library.
- If a child under 8 is not accompanied by a parent or guardian at the library, a staff member will call the parent or guardian to pick up the child.
- In the event of abuse of library privileges by a child, the library staff shall contact the parent/guardian.
- In case of emergency, should the library need to contact a parent/guardian of any child and they are not on site or cannot be reached the library staff will notify the police.
Approved by Poestenkill Library Board of Trustees on March 25, 2002
Amended by the Poestenkill Library Board of Trustees on September 22, 2003
Amended by the Poestenkill Library Board of Trustees on November 24, 2008
Reviewed by the Poestenkill Library Board of Trustees on December 28, 2015